Word The Cat

Word the Cat

autumn leaves

Posted by Chris on November 28, 2008 at 9:02 am

—–

things in the red generally fall down. a new 30 minute mix. by way of explanation… tracks re-pitched to 105 bpm. a bit of padding extra to that listed below, ask if interested. there`s also a cautiously mixable version of the b_y_nc_ ikonika T++ todd edwards pile up.

wordthecat – autumn08 58mb

wordthecat – if-i-was-a-boy-ikonika-t-++-todd-edwards 11mb

Ragnheiður Gröndal – Blástjarnan þótt skarti skær
Scuba – Ruptured (surgeon remix) (Hot Flush)
Kemialliset Ystävät – Taivaassa on loivemmat maet (Fat Cat)
Dazz y DJ Nobu – Quadora (Lastrum)
Pangea – You & I (Hessle Audio)
Ramadanman – Dayrider (Soul Jazz)
Blak Twang – Red letters (acapella)
T++ – Tensile (White)
B_ – If I _as a _oy (acapella)
Ikonika – Millie (Hyperdub)
Todd Edwards – Shut the door (2002 vocal mix) (i!)
Matt Shadetek – Funny cats
Aaliy_h – On_ in a milli_n (acapella)

7 Comments »

• Comment by Schuyler on November 28, 2008 at 5:38 pm

Hi Chris,

I just finished a short film (my senior thesis for college) where I used a sample from your spring08 mix. I wanted to thank you and share the link. Your mix was particularly inspiring (actually, the first work I heard of yours was the Winter mix that spannered posted), and had a tremendous impact on the film.

Can’t wait to listen to the new mix.

- schuyler

• Comment by JoeRuckus on November 29, 2008 at 3:45 am

“Oh my days” – dunno who said it furst, but they meant it, meme time so do I – heafty heafty mix! Autumnal ache, you got it. You could bottle it and sell it. Much much much love! Got me and the family on the d/l, we feelin it! Always glad you still do your dos. Every time

• Comment by chris on December 5, 2008 at 10:37 am

late commenting back, but thanks for the thanks. shuyler – there’s some really nice still images in yr film. joe – big up again.

• Comment by taliesin on December 8, 2008 at 3:48 am

metadata genuis

• Comment by Chris on December 8, 2008 at 6:24 am

metadata photo taken at the high school where i work.

• Comment by dan on December 10, 2008 at 11:03 am

ha i only just checked the metadata cos of this, awesome.

• Comment by Rob on March 3, 2009 at 10:14 pm

So very late posting a comment, but this autumn mix went traveling with me and worked beautifully in late winter; it picked out something special as the plane touched down in that place where it was, as mentioned later in the blog, mainly grey.

Spot on, loved it, thanks.

Rob