Word The Cat

Word the Cat

Gideon Balm

Posted by Chris on January 16, 2008 at 1:49 pm

force nine gales. no salvage.

ship.jpg

Bpemms in and out of 140. 8-bit coda at the end. The 2nd track is my screw of a bongo-flava track from Tanzania (thanks to zhao for that). Bishnu Majhi is a star of Nepali lok pop – a style that’s grown out of traditional lok dohori (call and response singing/flirting). Expect more on that when I can strongarm a post out of my friend in Nepal.

WordTheCat – Winter 08 160k 68mb

tracklisting

BBC Field Recording – The Skuas
Caspa vs Art of Noise – Moments in Love (White)
Squeezer f/ Nature – Yote Ni Yale Yale (WTC Screw)
Matt Shadetek – Warm Heart Turns Cold (mp3)
Joker – J. V. Anderson (Earwax)
Doc Scott & Rufige Kru – VIP Drumz (Metalheadz)
6Blocc – Babylon (Tribe Steppaz)
Terror Danjah & Durrty Goodz – Reloadz (Aftershock?)
Zomby – Spliff Dub (Mr Figz remix)
Dub Melitia – Screwface Slugs (Heatseeker)
Dexplicit vs Cassie – Juicy Fruit / Long Way to Go (WTC Refix)
Elephant Man – Dirt Bed (Remix) (Lokal Stage Show Riddim)
Bishnu Majhi – Driver Dai
Bishnu Majhi – Driver Dai (WTC Refix)
Alfred Wainwright – Helm Crag guided walk
Gatekeeper – Let Go (Punch Drunk)
Peverelist – Roll With the Punches (Punch Drunk)
Shackleton – In the Next World (Clandestine Cultivations)
Appleblim – Vansam (Skull Disco)
Sleeparchive – Hospital 01 (Sleeparchive)
Quarta330 – Sunset Dub (Hyperdub)
Dubmood – Pressure Drop (Jahtari)
ElectronicMESS – Beautiful Girls (mp3)

7 Comments »

• Comment by Malcolm on January 18, 2008 at 11:45 am

nice to see a new mix up!

• Comment by adrian on January 20, 2008 at 7:12 am

OMG! I’m so happy i found this blog again, i remember seeing it once about two years back, then it slipped through my fingers, or through some sort of poor windows upgrade and loss of bookmarks. Whatever the reason, I’m glad I’ve got you back in my life. I like your style. You’ll probably appreciate some of the music on my blog as well.

• Comment by Chris on January 21, 2008 at 11:34 am

cheers malcolm, monthly got a bit too much – now mixes come by season (like dresses).

cheers adrian, death to upgrading!

• Comment by vamanos on January 22, 2008 at 1:25 pm

Great mix. Nice to hear something a bit different. But i’m also mad coz I wanted to use Reloadz remix on a mix damnyou!

• Comment by chris on January 22, 2008 at 5:38 pm

sorry man. reverse it on ableton then use it – that would be awesome :)

• Comment by ripley on February 7, 2008 at 6:10 am

this mix is great! Been listening to it a lot. Nice to see Dubmood getting out there, and I love that Dub melitia track…

cheers from oakland and happy new year!

• Comment by Seb on April 25, 2008 at 1:05 pm

hey, checking your blog again since a long time, good stuff n mixes as always. I’ve just returned from a 6 month bout of traveling and also having been in Nepal. Got loads of lok geet and lok dhori geet stuff on tapes, vcd’s n mp3 cd’s. classic stuff, as if riddims are on lcd. will soon make a mix of it and send it around. sorry for never replying on that older debate long while ago.